Big technology companies like Facebook and Microsoft helped to push S&P 500 stocks to closing highs on Tuesday, gaining 0.9 percent.
Financials on Wall Street also made gains of 0.4 percent as did energy which rose 0.7 percent, while the top gainer was Materials which rose 1.3 percent.
• The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 92.8 points or 0.44 percent to 21,328.47
• The S&P 500 gained 10.96 points, or 0.45 percent to 2,440.35
• The Nasdaq Composite gained 44.90 points or 073 percent to 6,220.37
In US exchanges around 6.4 billion shares changed hands.
• The pound sterling gained 0.2 percent to $1.2784
• The Canadian dollar gained 0.2 percent
• The euro was up 0.1 percent at 1.1218
• The yen was sitting at 110.09 per dollar
• The Australian dollar gained 0.3 percent to 0.7559 US cents
• West Texas crude futures dipped 0.7 percent to $46.14 a barrel, with inventories in US stockpiles rising by 2.75 million barrels according to the American Petroleum Institute
• Gold made gains as it advanced 0.1 percent to $1,268.02 an ounce
Investors Focus on Fed Decision on Rate Hike
Investors are looking to Wednesday, where Fed Chair Janet Yellen is scheduled to release the decision by the Fed on whether they are going to raise interest rates, which is highly expected by traders.
24option offers traders the largest list of assets in the industry to trade of currency pairs (Forex), stocks, indices and commodities. With their recent improvements to their trading platform traders can now also trade Forex and CFDs on their all-inclusive platform. The platform loads fast so no waiting or delays in executing trades.
Safe and Regulated Broker
24option is regulated and authorized by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission and registered with the Financial Market Authority, the Hellenic Capital Market Commission and other trusted financial authorities of EU Member States.
Plenty of Perks
Open for trading 7 days a week, 24 hours a day with customer support that is prompt and professional. They also offer numerous perks and incentives from in-depth training seminars, webinars, demo accounts and lots more added value tools.
*Trading Binary Options and substantial risk and may lead to loss of all invested capital. Make sure that you are not trading money that you cannot afford to lose.